Meatballs are a popular and mysterious dish.
Different sources describe their difference from meatballs in different ways, and there are a lot of confusions in the recipes themselves.
They only agree that the “balls of mince”, the size of a smaller walnut – it’s meatballs, all that is larger, refers to meatballs.
Still, perhaps, the difference is that meatballs are often used to increase the satiety of soups.
In our selection of recipes – meatballs, as independent meat and fish dishes.
Meatballs in tomato sauce – general principles of cooking
• Meatballs are prepared from meat or fish mince, you can buy it already ready in the store, or you can grind the meat grinder yourself. Of course, it’s faster to cook from the store, but the taste of the dish is significantly different.
• If the meatballs are prepared only from minced meat, they will turn out to be too dense and dry. Therefore, regardless of the type of meat or fish, to add juiciness and friability to the stuffing, add either raw, twisted onions, cheese, boiled rice, breadcrumbs or soaked white bread soaked in milk.
• Lightly moistened in water with hands of minced meat, small, usually not larger than a walnut, are formed and then they are prepared according to the recipe.
• Tomato sauce is prepared on the basis of tomato puree, fresh tomatoes or tomato juice. In sauces for meatballs, you can add mushrooms, ground nuts.
• Sauces and minced meat are slightly salted and slightly peppered. Also add, pre-chop, greens, or sprinkle her dish on readiness, before letting it brew.
• Cooking meatballs in tomato sauce can be in a frying pan, in a saucepan, bake in pots or a form, tightly covering them with a sheet of foil.
Fish balls in tomato sauce
• 400 grams of silver hake;
• half a head of bitter onions;
• 30 grams of creamy butter;
• flour – 2 tbsp. spoon, without a slide;
• salt, freshly ground pepper (black).
For tomato sauce:
• Carrots – 1 piece;
• white bitter onion – 1 head;
• half a small root of parsley;
• 50 ml “Rkatsiteli”, “Aligote”, or other dry white wine;
• a leaf of a laurel;
• 30 gr. tomato puree.
1. Peel the root of parsley and carrots from the rind, grate with large grater and fry in lean (vegetable) oil, until lightly browned. Pour the diluted in a hundred milliliters of hot water tomato puree, wine, season with spices and boil for three minutes.
2. Twist the fillets of the fish, cleared of the skin and separated from the bones, twice through the fine grill in the meat grinder. The second time add the crushed and rescued to the onions.
3. Fish minced pepper, sprinkle a little, put a softened sandwich oil, stir and mix well for meatballs.
4. Form small minced meatballs, roll them in flour and fry in warmed sunflower oil a little.
5. Transfer to a deep frying pan, pour over the tomato sauce previously cooked and simmer under the lid for six minutes.
Meatballs in tomato beef sauce
• 500 grams of beef pulp;
• medium sized bulb;
• a glass (200 grams) of breadcrumbs, white;
• two chicken eggs;
• a quarter of a glass of chopped parsley.
• 500 ml of tomato, thick;
• half a glass of ground basil;
• two full st. Spoons of pure, refined (can olive) oil;
• 250 grams of tomatoes;
• garlic – 3 slices.
1. In a large saucepan, always with a thick bottom, gently heat the “oil” to the haze. Add chopped finely with garlic knife and fry it for no more than a minute, until softened.
2. Pour the tomato puree, add the tomatoes, cut into small cubes. Bring the tomato mass to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Season with seasoned spices, season with salt and lightly cool, beat the sauce until smooth with a blender or grate on a sieve.
4. Beef, thoroughly wipe the whole piece and dry it a little. Cut off excess films, veins and cut the meat into small pieces, which will easily be taken to the meat grinder.
5. Peel the onion, cut into slices and twist together with pieces of beef through a fine grate in a meat grinder once.
6. Mix minced meat with white breadcrumbs, dark do not fit, they give the meatballs a specific taste and smell. Enter the egg loosened slightly with a fork and, after adding parsley crushed with a knife, knead well. Do not forget to add a little ground meat.
7. When you serve out a minced meat with a dessert spoon, form the meatballs with your hands and fry them in small batches until you get a soft ruddy brown crust. To fry it is necessary quickly, on average fire, preliminary having rolled meat balls from different directions in a flour.
8. Pour the cooked tomato sauce into a frying pan on which meatballs are fried, and heat it well on a small fire. Lower the meatballs and simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Finely slice the basil, sprinkle the prepared dish evenly and cover it with a lid, set aside for 10 minutes to insist.
Chicken meatballs in tomato sauce in pots
• 450 grams of chicken purchased minced meat or breast (fillet);
• a small onion;
• 120 grams of rice.
• tomato paste – 75 grams (3 tablespoons);
• two medium carrots;
• a small bitter onion head;
• champignons, fresh – 300 grams;
• 2 tbsp. spoons of 20% sour cream.
1. From the rice, choose not peeled, as well as damaged grains and rinse the rump in running water under the tap. Dip rice into boiling, slightly salted water and boil until half cooked on a small fire. Rinse again, throwing rice into a colander, and leaving it for a while in it, let all the water come off completely.
2. Connect the chicken minced with one onion and the boiled rice, add the ground pepper, a little salt and mix well. When using fillets, it should be grinded with a meat grinder twice, the second time also add onions.
3. Roll the meatballs, and immediately fry them in a frying pan in lean oil, before frying slightly zakaniruyut meat balls in flour.
4. In a clean frying pan fry until lightly browned crushed on small slices second onion with a large mashed carrot. Add the mushrooms cut into small plates and, putting sour cream, stew until 20 minutes. Two minutes before the readiness, enter the tomato paste diluted in a quarter of a glass of water, stir and bring to the ready, slightly salt and pepper.
5. Mushrooms fried in sour cream are placed in pots, put the meatballs on top. Fill everything with hot boiled water, you can take the broth, and put the filled containers in the oven. Cover the pot with lids and cook at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Meatballs in tomato sauce in the oven
• a pound of any ground beef;
• two fresh chicken eggs;
• a small piece, about 100 g, hardened white bread, is better than a loaf;
• 100 ml of pasteurized milk;
• 120 gr. “Russian” cheese;
• a third of a glass of parsley leaf, ground.
• two small onion heads;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 50 grams of tomato paste;
• one liter of tomato (thick) juice;
• four st. l. lean oil.
1. Pour the stale bread with milk and let it soften for ten minutes. Choose a crumb, wring out the milk, the bread should not be too wet, almost dry.
2. To the re-scrolled stuffing, add the soaked crumb, eggs, finely chopped parsley, table salt, a small pinch of pepper. Rub cheese large and mix well. It is possible for juiciness to add a salmon in a lean or melted oil.
3. From the prepared forcemeat form the balls, put them in a deep container for baking and put in a preheated oven. Hold the meatballs in the oven for seven minutes at 200 degrees.
4. On lean oil until softened, fry the small pieces of garlic, add chopped onion slices slightly larger, onion and fry for five minutes all together.
5. In a small saucepan, boil the tomato juice, add the roast, small salt, again allow to boil and pour the sauce into a form to the slightly baked meatballs and cover with a foil sheet.
6. Put the meatballs back in the oven and cook at 190 degrees for about fifty minutes.
Meatballs in tomato sauce with nuts
• fish or minced meat – 500 grams;
• 80 grams of blackened white bread;
• one egg;
• a glass of milk;
• white salad bow – 1 head.
• 200 grams of ketchup, a variety at your discretion;
• a small slice of garlic;
• one third of a glass of breadcrumbs;
• A handful of walnut kernels.
1. Nut kernels grind in a mortar or chop the coffee grinder into a flour. Nuts necessarily pre-dry, you can even fry, in a dry frying pan or oven and cool well.
2. Mix the nut flour with breadcrumbs and fry until creamy in 2 tables. tablespoons of butter. Add ketchup, stir and warm up a little, do not need to boil.
3. Finely chopped onion fry until transparent and shift, cooling, to stuffing. Add the milk soaked and a little pressed bread, a small pinch of pepper, salt. Pour in a little beaten egg, mix the minced meat, divide and form from it small balls – meatballs.
4. To a tender ruddy crust fry the meatballs, breaded in flour, in lean oil and transfer them to gravy.
5. Carefully, so as not to crush, stir meatballs with sauce and boil on low heat for five minutes under the lid.
Meatballs in tomato sauce – cooking tricks and tips
• Meat for minced meat and minced meat should be grinded with a manual grinder through the large grate installed on it.
• For tomato sauce it is best to take fresh tomatoes, but if there are none, you can take canned in your own juice or purchased tomato.
• When using fresh tomatoes or tomato paste, add at least half a teaspoon of sugar to the sauce, it will get much tastier.
• Leave the prepared dish for 15-20 minutes with the lid closed, brew. The gravy will become thicker, and the meatballs will be better absorbed by its taste and aroma.
• To get a thicker sauce, add a little flour while stirring, mix well and only then add the liquid part of it.