Meat, cooked in ceramic pots, always has an excellent taste, aroma and a very mouth-watering appearance.
In addition, thanks to the thick walls of the clay pot, which are heated slowly and evenly, the meat is not fried and not cooked, but is languishing, so it retains all its useful properties.
At the same time to cook meat in a pot is not at all difficult, the main thing is to properly prepare and lay food in it, and only after that it remains to wait until you can extract from the oven a deliciously aromatic and tasty dish. Cooking in pots can be almost any meat. Of course, different types of it require different times of heat treatment: beef should be cooked for at least one and a half hours, pork – at least an hour, the chicken in the pot is usually ready in about 40 minutes. Also, along with the meat in pots, vegetables, mushrooms or potatoes are usually stewed , which give the meat an excellent taste and aroma, and can also be used as a garnish.
One of the main principles of cooking meat in pots is the compatibility of components with each other for their culinary properties and taste. Meat, especially a bird, is very well combined with sour fruits and berries. For example, it is very interesting to combine a fatty duck or goose with orange. The combination of chicken with apples and potatoes is considered classic. If the meat is cooked in a pot with porridges, the dish is very well seasoned with onions, garlic and mushrooms.
Meat in pots – preparation of products
When preparing meat in pots, all the components in them can be pawned immediately, without preliminary heat treatment, and you can put already prepared foods there.
In the first case, cooking takes less time. In order to produce products that require different durations of heat treatment equally well, you can, for example, cut the meat into small pieces, and vegetables – larger.
If, however, preliminary prepared foods are placed in the pot, the problem of the difference in the time of their heat treatment does not arise. That is, cutting the meat into pieces of the right size, we fry it in oil in a frying pan, then we also cook the vegetables and put them all in layers in a layer for preparing the dish.
Meat in pots – preparation of dishes
Choosing a pot, you need to calculate what its capacity is more suitable for you. Usually used pots from 250 ml to 500 ml.
It is not recommended to use pots with glazed inner surfaces in culinary whole, as tin, which is part of the glaze, can get into food and cause poisoning when the pot is heated.
At the same time, choosing a pot with porous walls, you can get really healthy and tasty dishes. So, soaking it before preparing the dish in the water for about half an hour, you will fill its pores with moisture, which during cooking will be picked up by the products and makes them more juicy.
Recipe 1: Meat in pots with mushrooms and potatoes
The classic combination – meat, potatoes and mushrooms, in this dish finds a completely new sound thanks to the addition of salted cucumbers. Finish a delicious picture of fried carrots, onions, as well as garlic and greens.
0,5 kg of veal or pork;
200 gr. champignons;
2 salted cucumber;
a bunch of dill;
3 large cloves of garlic;
gt; oil for frying onions;
to taste salt, pepper.
1. Preparing products: cut the meat into small pieces, pickled cucumber – small cubes, mushrooms – not too thin slices, chop garlic with dill, onion, finely chopped, fry in vegetable oil. We cut the potatoes into strips.
2. We put in the pots layers of foods: meat mixed with pickles; mushrooms with dill and garlic; on top – potatoes, salt and pepper.
3. We add water or broth so that the liquid barely covers the contents of the pot, from above we cover everything with a layer of sour cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Covering the pots with lids, put them in the oven and cook our dish for an hour.
Recipe 2: Meat in a pot with young potatoes
This dish is easy to make without even having a special skill and plenty of time. It is prepared from the most common products – meat, potatoes, onions and carrots. However, this meat in the pots with its apparent simplicity turns out to be very tasty and nutritious.
200 gr. chicken meat;
300 gr. small young potatoes;
several peas of black pepper;
to taste salt.
1. Cut the meat and, frying it in vegetable oil, put in a pot.
2. Clearing carrots and onions, cut them into small cubes and pass them in a frying pan from under the meat.
3. Young potatoes carefully washing and remove the peel.
4. For the meat in the pot, we put the vegetables, then the whole potato.
5. Fill the contents of the pot with hot water, which should barely cover it, salt, pepper, add bay leaf.
6. Close the pot with a lid, stew in the oven for about an hour.
Recipe 3: Meat in pots with vegetables in Turkish.
If the usual meat in pots with potatoes is boring, prepare this dish, and you will not regret it! It is prepared just as simply, but its taste and aroma, obtained due to the abundance of vegetables with which meat is stewed, will please even the most demanding lovers of good recipes.
1 kg of mutton;
4 tbsp. l. margarine;
10 pieces of shallots;
150 gr. string beans;
1 large eggplant;
2 medium potatoes;
2 medium carrots;
2 large tomatoes;
3 green sweet peppers;
a small bunch of dill;
to taste ground black pepper and salt.
1. Cut the mutton into small pieces, put them in a large clay pot.
2. Prepare vegetables: cut tomatoes in circles, cut off the ends of green beans and cut it in half, cut the beans into long pieces, cut the eggplant and cut into pieces to 4 cm wide, peel the green peppers and cut them along into 4 parts, mine shallots, potatoes are cleaned and cut into large cubes.
3. Then put the prepared vegetables in the pot on the meat layers: tomatoes, beans, eggplants, peppers, on top of peppers – a whole shallot, on top of it – a few more circles of tomato, then potatoes and again circles tomato.
4. After adding salt and pepper, sprinkle everything with finely chopped dill, put margarine on top, pour half a glass of water. Closing the pot with a lid, we extinguish everything for about 2 hours. When the meat becomes soft – our dish is ready.
Meat in pots – useful advice of experienced cooks
To ensure that the pots do not crack from the temperature difference, they are recommended to be put in a cold oven so that they evenly heat up with it.
Experienced cooks believe that if you put food in a pot in a raw state, the meat in the pots will be more delicious, as it absorbs the aroma of other foods during cooking.
If during the cooking you see that you need to add more liquid to the dish, use only hot water or broth in a small amount, otherwise the pot may burst.
Since the top layer of the products during the heat treatment can dry, it is desirable to make it from onions or tomatoes that give juice. Ideally, you should always cover the pot with a lid or wrap it with foil, or cover with a piece of dough.
A hot pot, extracted from the oven, can be placed only on a wooden stand or board, and not on a cold surface, otherwise its bottom can crack.
Remove the pot from the oven better shortly before the dish is ready. So it will cool slightly before serving and will come to the preparedness under the action of hot pot walls.
Remember that food cooked in ceramic cookware in the oven is good digestibility and ability to restore the strength of the body, so it is not only tasty, but also extremely useful.