Blueberries are a delicious and very useful berry. But it is not always possible to eat it during the ripening season, so blueberries are made all sorts of delicacies for the winter: jam, jams, compotes. But during heat treatment some of the nutrients are destroyed, so today so-called “raw jam” is so popular. So, now we will prepare mashed blueberries with sugar.
Bleached blueberries with sugar without cooking for the winter – general principles of cooking
In addition to various vitamins and trace elements, pectin, which has gelling properties, is included in the composition of the berries, due to what the bilberry is wiped with sugar and becomes thick and from it come out excellent pies, desserts and other goodies.
The way of preparation of jam without cooking from this berry is very easy and necrotic.
Unlike other berries, blueberries do not need long cleaning, removal of tails and leaves, twigs. It is enough to put it in a colander and rinse. Further, the blueberries are ground in any convenient way, and for metal jam, metal objects are not recommended, so the best option is a wooden crush or a plastic blender attachment.
After rubbed blueberry mixed with sugar, aged for some time until all the grains dissolve and rolled up. That’s all, the mashed blueberries with sugar are ready.
But you can use not only blueberries and sugar for making a useful dessert, but also additional ingredients, for example berries and even fruits. Blueberries perfectly match almost any berries, whether they are sour or sweet: raspberries, strawberries, strawberries, cherries, gooseberries and others. You can also put honey, nuts, wine or vermouth and other additives in the blueberry for a taste.
- 1 Recipe 1. Mashed blueberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
- 2 Recipe 2. Jelly from mashed blueberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
- 3 Recipe 3. Mashed blueberries with strawberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
- 4 Recipe 4. Marshmallow with black currant with sugar without cooking for the winter
- 5 Recipe 5. Marshmallow with gooseberries with sugar without cooking for the winter
- 6 Recipe 6. Marshmallow with sugar, honey and nuts without cooking for the winter
- 7 Recipe 7. Blueberry and sugar cake
- 8 Mashed blueberries with sugar without cooking for the winter – tips and tips
Recipe 1. Mashed blueberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
• two kilograms of berries;
• 2.5-3 kilograms of granulated sugar.
1. Properly go through the blueberries, wash it, putting it in a colander. Leave it for a while in the colander to water the glass.
2. Pour the blueberries into a deep bowl, crush the fruit with a cracker for potatoes or grind with an immersion blender. Also you can twist the berries in a meat grinder.
3. Pour a kilogram of sugar to the blueberry. Leave for 30-40 minutes to allow the berry to juice.
4. Add another kilogram of sugar, mix. Let it stay another 20 minutes.
5. While the bilberry is standing, take care of the banks. Rinse them with soda, sterilize, placing on a grate in the oven or in a water bath.
6. Carefully shift the blueberries rubbed with sugar into cans, sprinkle on top with a layer of sugar about two centimeters thick.
7. Roll the cans with tin lids or sealed with regular plastic covers.
8. It is not necessary to turn containers with jam, store the product in a refrigerator or in a darkened cool place.
Recipe 2. Jelly from mashed blueberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
• 600 grams of blueberries;
• 700 ml of water;
• 3 tbsp. l. gelatin;
• 3 tbsp. l. strong vermouth or gin;
• 300 grams of granulated sugar.
1. Put the washed and dried blueberries in a bowl, rub it with a blender.
2. Pour the berry with a little sugar, put aside for 20 minutes.
3. Boil the water, cool to room temperature. Pour gelatin into the water, let it swell. Stir.
4. Add to the gelatinous mass of gin, the remaining sugar. Stir until all the grains of sugar have dissolved.
5. Mix the mashed blueberries with the gelatinous mass, clean in the refrigerator until the jelly is completely solidified.
6. Following the same instructions, you can prepare the jelly with layers of a mixture of whole berries and a mashed blueberry with sugar mixed with a gelatinous mass.
7. Dessert is especially tasty with soft curd, unsweetened yoghurt, whipped cream.
Recipe 3. Mashed blueberries with strawberries with sugar for the winter without cooking
• two kg of sugar;
• a little powdered sugar;
• One kg of strawberry;
• One kilogram of blueberries is fresh.
1. Berry the blackberries thoroughly, rinse under running water. Remove the strawberries from the strawberries, rinse them, put them in a colander.
2. Pass both kinds of berries through a meat grinder, sprinkle with sugar, clean for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
3. When the sugar is dissolved in the berry juice completely, mix the mass especially carefully, then transfer it to the pre-prepared sterilized jars. Sprinkle on top with a thin layer of powdered sugar, cover with plastic covers.
4. To store the mashed blueberries with sugar is best in the refrigerator.
Recipe 4. Marshmallow with black currant with sugar without cooking for the winter
• 700 grams of blueberries;
• 500 grams of currant black;
• 1.5 kg of sugar.
1. Go through the berries of blueberries and currants, remove all the leaves, tear off the currant tails, remove the spoiled berries.
2. Put everything in a colander, rinse with cold water. After the water drains, pour all the berries on the towel so that they dry.
3. Transfer currants and blueberries into a deep bowl, pour sugar on top. Grind everything with a blender.
4. Allow the mass to stand for about an hour, then mix and disintegrate into a sterile container. Roll over.
5. Store the product, like any other jam that does not undergo heat treatment, in the refrigerator or cellar.
Recipe 5. Marshmallow with gooseberries with sugar without cooking for the winter
• 500 grams of blueberries;
• 500 grams of ripe gooseberry;
• a kilogram of sugar;
• 200 ml of water.
1. Go and rinse the berries. Cut the tails from the gooseberry.
2. Lay the blueberries with gooseberries in a bowl of blender, chop.
3. Pour the sugar in a saucepan, pour water. Bring the mass to a boil, keep in mind that the syrup is thick, so that it does not burn out, you need to constantly interfere with it.
4. Remove the syrup from the fire immediately after the appearance of the first bubbles. From time to time stirring, cool it to room temperature.
5. Pour the syrup into the berries, mix. Remove the container with mashed blueberries for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Before storing the jam in sterilized jars, the mass should be thoroughly mixed again.
Recipe 6. Marshmallow with sugar, honey and nuts without cooking for the winter
• two glasses of blueberries;
• 100 ml of water;
• three tablespoons of honey;
• half a cup of sugar;
• Half a cup of walnuts.
1. Berries thoroughly rinse, after they are a little dry, put in the bowl of the blender and chop.
2. Honey warm in a water bath, so that it becomes gummy, then cool.
3. Peeled walnuts in a dry frying pan, lightly brown to a light golden hue.
4. Dissolve sugar in warm water. When the mixture has cooled down, put honey here, stir.
5. Pour the honey-sugar mass into the mashed blueberries and the cooled fried nuts.
6. Mix everything thoroughly, allow the mass to stand for half an hour and an hour, then transfer it to glass sterilized jars and roll them.
Recipe 7. Blueberry and sugar cake
• half a kilo of blueberries rubbed with sugar;
• 800 grams of flour;
• a glass of sugar;
• a packet of sweet-cream butter;
• three eggs;
• two teaspoons of baking powder.
1. Sift into a deep bowl of flour, add baking powder, mix.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs with sugar.
3. Melt the sweet-cream butter and add it in a cooled form to the beaten eggs, mix.
4. In small portions add to the eggs and oil sifted flour, knead the dough.
5. Divide the dough into three parts, wrap two-thirds in a bag, remove it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. One third of the same wrap and put it for the same time in the freezer.
6. After the allotted time, take out the dough from the refrigerator, evenly distribute it on the bottom of the lubricated form, making not high sides. Make a fork around the perimeter of the puncture, but not through.
7. Put on the formed dough the mashed blueberry with sugar.
8. On top of the blueberry, put the dough set aside in the freezer.
9. Bake a cake of mashed blueberries with sugar in a preheated to 180 degree oven for 30 minutes.
10. Serve the fragrant cake with tea or warm milk.
Mashed blueberries with sugar without cooking for the winter – tips and tips
• Since bilberry is not cooked, be sure to use only quality products. Do not use spoiled berries for jam, rinse blueberries for a long time and carefully.
• Keep the dishes clean. Sterile should be not only the banks in which blueberries will be rolled, but also a pan or a bowl, spoons, blender parts and other used equipment.
• That the blueberries wipe with sugar stood all winter and did not deteriorate, do not regret sugar. Add at least the amount specified in the recipe. Also, before rolling, sprinkle the surface of the jam with a thin layer of sugar or sugar powder.
• Mashed blueberry with sugar is tasty not only as a jam, but also as a filler for pies, as an ingredient for making various sauces and desserts.
• You can rubbed blueberries with sugar for the winter not only roll up, but also freeze. It is convenient to hold mass not in bags, but in special small plastic containers, which are hermetically packed and stacked on top of each other. You just have to get an container an hour before tea drinking to enjoy this amazingly delicate, sweet dessert.