- 1 Lecho without vinegar – general principles of cooking
- 2 Recipe 1. Lecho without vinegar
- 3 Recipe 2. Lecho without vinegar and oil
- 4 Recipe 3. Lecho without vinegar with carrots and onions
- 5 Recipe 4. Lecho without vinegar in Bulgarian
- 6 Recipe 5. Lecho without vinegar in Hungarian
- 7 Recipe 6. Delicious lecho without vinegar
- 8 Recipe 7. Lecho without vinegar with courgettes
- 9 Recipe 8. Lecho without vinegar with eggplant
- 10 Recipe 9. Lecho without vinegar
- 11 Lecho without vinegar – tips and tricks from culinary experts
Lecho without vinegar – general principles of cooking
The main ingredients of this billet are tomatoes and Bulgarian pepper. As a supplement, such vegetables can be used: onions, zucchini, garlic, carrots, cucumbers, eggplant. The classical lecho includes only tomatoes and peppers.
To prepare lecho suitable Bulgarian pepper fleshy varieties, the thicker the walls, the tastier the work will get. Wash peppers cut out the stem, cleanse the seeds and cut. Basically it is cut rather large pieces, but if you like to have the vegetables cut finely, you can cut as you please.
Tomatoes for lecho take dense and ripe. They are washed and dried. Tomatoes can be chopped with lobules, small cubes, or chopped with a meat grinder. If you want to peel, pour the tomatoes with boiling water. In this case, it will be easily removed with a sharp knife.
Onions are peeled and shredded either with semicircles or with small cubes. Carrots are cleaned, washed and rubbed on a grater, or shredded with thin straws.
In lecho add spices, fresh herbs and sunflower oil.
Recipe 1. Lecho without vinegar
• five kilograms of ripe tomatoes;
• three kilograms of colorful bell pepper;
• Spices and greens;
• pinch of a carnation;
• a pinch of black peppercorns;
• salt – 60 g;
• one and a half cup of granulated sugar;
• Art. a spoonful of olive oil;
• citric acid – 5 g.
1. Wash tomatoes, pour boiling water and peel. In the washed peppers cut out the tails, cleanse the seeds, boil for five minutes, flush in a colander, dip into a container of ice water and peel.
2. Cut tomatoes into large cubes, and pepper along wide strips. All the vegetables are put in a cauldron, sprinkled with salt and sugar, pour in a spoonful of oil and add citric acid. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. At the bottom of sterile, dry cans put the garlic, spices, greens, bell peppers and cloves. Ready to snack in the jars and roll. Conserve the wrap and leave until it is completely cooled.
Recipe 2. Lecho without vinegar and oil
• three kilograms of fleshy tomatoes;
• a kilogram of sweet red pepper;
• 20 grams of a coarse salt;
• granulated sugar – 60 g;
• fresh herbs;
• a mixture of peppers, cloves and bay leaf;
• the head of garlic.
1. My tomatoes. Half of the total mass is cut into medium cubes. In the washed Bulgarian pepper we cut out the stems, we clean the seeds and cut them with medium pieces.
2. Fry the vegetables in a saucepan and cook. When the mass boils, reduce the fire, and cook for a quarter of an hour. Cut the remaining tomatoes and put into a saucepan. Boil another 15 minutes.
3. Peel the garlic from the husk and shred on the plates. Chopped parsley and garlic are added to lecho. There we pour sugar, salt and spices. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
4. We put the finished lecho in dry, clean jars and roll it up. Cover with a warm blanket and leave for a day.
Recipe 3. Lecho without vinegar with carrots and onions
• 500 g of sweet pepper and tomatoes;
• two large carrots;
• large onion;
• several peas of black pepper;
• 2 laurel leaves;
• vegetable oil – 100 g;
• 50 g of granulated sugar;
• salt – a teaspoon.
1. Pepper bulgarian wash, scrub the seeds and cut strips along. Wash and dried tomatoes cut into small cubes. Rinse carrots rinse and chop thin strips, or chop on a grated carrot in Korean. Peel onions from the husks and cut into half rings.
2. In Kazan, pour in vegetable oil and put on a small fire. When the oil warms up, put onions and carrots into it. Fry, stirring occasionally until the vegetables become soft. Add pepper and a little tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes. Pour salt, sugar, put pepper and pea leaves. Twist the fire to a minimum and cook lecho until cooked.
3. Spread the hot stock into dry, clean jars and roll them. Turn over the preservation, wrap and leave for a day to cool.
Recipe 4. Lecho without vinegar in Bulgarian
• three kilograms of ripe meaty tomatoes;
• two kilos of sweet pepper;
• half a cup of sugar;
• salt – 40 g.
1. Wash tomatoes, make shallow incisions crosswise. Dip tomatoes for a couple of minutes in boiling water, then transfer into a container of cold water, then remove the cuticle and cut them into circles. Pepper wash, cut out the tails, cleanse the seeds and cut into rings.
2. Put the pepper and tomatoes in the cauldron, add salt and sugar. Mix everything well and put on fire. Wait until the vegetables boil, and twist the fire to a minimum, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Lecho periodically stir.
3. Place the hot lecho in sterile, dry jars, and roll it. Keep the overturn, cover, and let cool for a day.
Recipe 5. Lecho without vinegar in Hungarian
• three kilograms of onion and sweet pepper;
• 4 kg of fleshy tomatoes;
• Art. spoon of paprika;
• ground red pepper;
• vegetable oil and salt – to taste.
1. We clean onions, rinse and shred by semi-rings of medium thickness. Pepper is mine, dried and cut into centimetric strips along. The washed tomatoes are scalded with boiling water and peeled and cut into medium cubes.
2. In the cauldron, pour oil, heat and spread onions, pour paprika. Fry on a small fire five minutes, then add the pepper. Reduce fire, and stew for a quarter of an hour. We spread tomatoes and boil for another 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Now pour the red hot pepper and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
3. We lay the hot lecho on dry, pre-sterilized jars and roll them up. We cover the preserves with a warm cloth, leave to cool for a day.
Recipe 6. Delicious lecho without vinegar
• four kilograms of fleshy tomatoes;
• one and a half kg of sweet red pepper;
• two kilograms of onions;
• salt – one and a half tbsp. spoons;
• granulated sugar – 3 tbsp. l .;
• the head of garlic;
• a pinch of red and fragrant ground peppers;
• 6 laurel leaves;
• vegetable oil – 100 g.
1. We wash the washed tomatoes with slices and twist it in a meat grinder, put it on the fire and boil it until the foam disappears.
2. Peel the onions, rinse them and cut them into thin semicircles. At the washed pepper we cut out the tail, we clean it of seeds and shred along the thin straw. Garlic is cleaned from the husks and crushed with garlic.
3. Put boiled peppers and onions into boiling tomatoes, pour in salt, sugar, ground pepper, put the bay leaf, cover with a lid and cook for half an hour. We take out the laurel leaf, add the garlic, pour in the oil, and cook from the boiling point for five minutes.
4. We put the hot lecho in dry, sterilized jars, roll it up, cover it with a rug and leave it for a day until it cools down completely.
Recipe 7. Lecho without vinegar with courgettes
• 2 kg 500 g squash;
• half a kilo of sweet pepper;
• 0.7 liters of hot tomato sauce;
• a glass of granulated sugar;
• one and a half tbsp. tablespoons of salt;
• a glass of sunflower refined oil.
1. We clean from the peel zucchini, if necessary, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces. Pepper is sweet, we cut out the stems, we clean the seeds and shred with fine straws.
2. Prepared vegetables are laid in kazan, sprinkled with salt and granulated sugar, we pour in sunflower oil and tomato sauce. We mix everything well and put it on the fire. As soon as the lecho is boiling, we reduce the heat, and cook for an hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Hot lecho spread on sterile, dry jars and roll. We turn the preserves over, cover with a rug and leave to cool for a day.
Recipe 8. Lecho without vinegar with eggplant
• three kilograms of tomatoes;
• One and a half kilograms of fleshy sweet peppers and eggplants;
• 2 tbsp. l. salts;
• Half a cup of sugar and vegetable oil.
1. Wash tomatoes, cut into large slices and twist in a meat grinder. With the washed Bulgarian pepper, remove the tails, peel the seeds and cut into large cubes. Eggplant cut into plates, sprinkle with salt, and leave for at least half an hour to get rid of bitterness. Then rinse, squeeze and chop the small blocks.
2. Crushed tomatoes pour into the cauldron, pour in granulated sugar and salt, pour in vegetable oil and put on fire. From the moment of boiling, simmer cook for 20 minutes. Then put pepper and eggplants, boil, and cook for another half hour.
3. Prepare the salad hot in a sterilized, dry jar and roll it. Conserve the tissue with a warm cloth and let cool.
Recipe 9. Lecho without vinegar
• three kilograms of tomatoes and bell pepper;
• onions and carrots – per kilogram;
• a glass of granulated sugar;
• salt – 60 g;
• vegetable oil and hot tomato sauce – 500 ml each;
• Bay leaf;
• Allspice pepper.
1. Clean and wash all vegetables. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, and twist it in a meat grinder. Bulgarian pepper slice along on thin strips. Carrots grind on a large segment of graters. Chop the onion into thin semicircles.
2. Crushed tomatoes pour into the cauliflower, send the chopped Bulgarian pepper, add black pepper and bay leaf, pour in salt and granulated sugar, pour in the oil, and send the vegetable mixture to the fire.
3. Heat half a cup of oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion and carrots in it.
4. Fried onions and carrots add to the tomato, mix well, cover, and cook over low heat for about two hours. Within 20 minutes. until ready, pour in a spicy tomato sauce.
5. A ready-made snack is still hot put into dry, sterile jars and roll up. Conserve the cover with a rug and leave to cool.
Lecho without vinegar – tips and tricks from culinary experts
- For lecho take tomato fleshy varieties, only in this case you will get a thick and delicious product. You can use ripe fruits, which can no longer be used for marinating.
- To prepare lecho you can use both dried and fresh herbs. Ideal for this are: thyme, parsley, basil and coriander. Fresh greens, add a few minutes until ready, and add dried immediately.
- Experiment with the ingredients! Lecho can be cooked with zucchini, eggplants, onions and carrots. This preform is also cooked with beans and rice.
- Garlic and hot red pepper will give a salad of piquancy and sharpness.
- Lecho harmoniously combines with meat dishes, pasta and potatoes.