At the mere mention of the word “dessert”, involuntarily there are associations with some beautiful, sweet, tender and melting mouthfeel. For someone it is bird’s milk or a fragrant plombir, for someone – tiramisu or a biscuit cake with whipped cream. Obviously one thing – cream-brule is always out of competition.
Creme brulee is an unmatched French dessert with an unforgettable and unique taste. Soft, airy cream, covered with golden caramel icing. This is a real culinary delicacy, refined and unique masterpiece of French cuisine.
Modern housewives successfully prepare it with their own hands, as all the necessary ingredients will certainly be found in any home, and the process of cooking is surprisingly simple. As well as all ingenious, however.
- 1 Creme brulee – general principles of cooking
- 2 What is needed from the dishes
- 3 Classic creme brulee dessert
- 4 Caramel crust for creme brulee can be prepared in many ways:
- 5 Orange cream-brulee
- 6 Cream-brulee coffee dessert
- 7 Creme brulee with pistachios
- 8 Banana dessert creme brulee with cinnamon
- 9 Cooking method:
Creme brulee – general principles of cooking
A well-established classic recipe for the world-famous creme brulee was coined in the 17th century. Since then, fans of culinary experiments have repeatedly added to the usual list of products something from themselves. Some wanted to give a brighter scent, others to play with a palette of tastes, and others to create their own recipe … However, as a result, only a few additional ingredients were fixed – cinnamon, lemon peel and vanilla. It is these spices that are added to the classic dessert most often.
Creme brulee classic can be prepared in the oven or on a water bath. Today, simple housewives and professional chefs can cook this sweet treat even in microwave ovens.
“Zest” of any cream-brule – golden caramel glaze. It is prepared as follows: the sugar is melted to brown color and a thin layer is poured onto the ready-made cream. After a while caramel freezes and forms a characteristic sweet crust.
The entire process from preparing the products to the full preparation of cream-brulee takes about one and a half hours.
Traditional calculation of products per serving of dessert: 1 egg yolk, 20 g of sugar and 100 ml of cream. Add or not add to the classic set of additional spices, the cook himself decides.
What is needed from the dishes
Dishes and necessary household appliances make sense to cook in advance, since then there will be no time to be distracted by their search or even purchase.
Be sure to need a mixer or a whisk to whip the yolks with sugar, and a baking tray to put on it molds with cream-brule.
It is better to take small molds (for example, for cupcakes), in which equal portions of dessert will be baked.
Dry clean frying pan is needed for caramel cooking.
Some masters are preparing the top sweet crust and in a water bath, boiling it to brown.
Often, milk is added to the main ingredients, so a small saucepan may be needed, in which it will be boiled.
Classic creme brulee dessert
- 3 tablespoons sugar for caramel – the larger the sugar, the better;
- 8 egg yolks (no need for proteins);
- 2 cups cream with a fat content of 30%;
- a third of a glass of powdered sugar or sand;
- Vanilla sugar (a teaspoon will be enough).
Rub sugar or powder with yolks. You need to beat it for about a minute, until the sugar dissolves. When the whipped mass becomes white, add hot cream with vanilla to it, without stopping to stir with a spoon.
A gentle cream is ready, you can pour it on the molds.
Fill the baking tray with water for one third, put molds on it and send it to the preheated oven. 160 degrees will be enough to bake this dessert.
Readiness cream-brule is determined by the hardened edges. And the edges should be baked, and in the middle dessert should remain liquid.
Ready to get a delicacy from the oven and, after a little cooling, pour a thin layer of caramel glaze.
Caramel crust for creme brulee can be prepared in many ways:
1. In a frying pan. A large sugar is melted in a dry hot frying pan until brown. It is advisable to add a few drops of water to the sugar.
2.In the pan. In a small bowl, sugar is cooked until it dissolves completely.
3. Use a cooking lamp for burning sugar, which is previously spread over the surface of the dessert with a uniform layer.
4. Ready-made brulee cream sprinkle with sugar and put into the oven for a few minutes until the crust is golden.
5.In the oven on the grill. Sprinkle with sugar each portion of dessert and put in a preheated oven to 240 degrees. When the sugar turns brown and boils, you can pull out the crème brлеlé molds.
Ready caramel is poured over dessert in a hot form, as it freezes very quickly. Therefore, to prepare the glaze in advance is not worth it.
- 100g of sugar;
- a glass of milk;
- 2 oranges;
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon;
- 6 egg yolks;
- 350ml of creamy cream;
- 100g cranberries.
Whisk the yolks with sugar until white until the crystals of sugar completely dissolve.
In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon, cream and milk. Boil. Do not boil, but immediately remove from the plate.
Now you need to prepare a fruit and berry stuffing. To do this, mix the cranberries with the orange pulp and immediately spread out into molds in equal portions.
Pour the egg mixture into a container with warmed milk and cream. Cook until thick and pour into hot form.
After warming the oven to 180 degrees, send cream-brulee there for about half an hour. At this time, prepare the caramel, then pour it a ready-made dessert.
Cool and serve.
Cream-brulee coffee dessert
- coffee soluble – 1,5 tablespoons;
- 4 yolks;
- a teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of large sugar (for caramel crust);
- sugar for cream (¾ cup);
- cream in fat content of 20% (0.5L).
Yolks and sugar grind white, and cream, coffee and vanillin mix and bring to a boil.
Carefully pour the egg mixture into the cream, mix and pour the resulting mass into small molds.
Put them (molds) on a baking sheet filled with water for 3cm.
Cook in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
The finished dessert, according to tradition, pour liquid caramel.
Creme brulee with pistachios
- 500ml of fatty cream;
- orange peel (you can grate orange peel on a small grater);
- 5 egg yolks;
- 100g of sugar;
- Vanilla to taste.
- 35g of green pistachios.
Mix vanilla, cream, crushed pistachios, orange peel and half of sugar in one container. The resulting mass to cook with stirring on medium heat. When the sugar dissolves, bring the cream to a boil, but do not boil.
While the cream is getting cold, in another container grind the remaining half of sugar with 5 yolks and add the egg mixture to the cream. Stir and pour into molds.
Take a baking tray, fill it with water half the height of the molds and put the future delicacy there.
Bake the cream-brulee in the oven for an hour.
Pour the surface of the dessert with caramelized sugar and keep in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
Banana dessert creme brulee with cinnamon
- juice squeezed out of half a lemon;
- 500ml of 10% cream;
- 2 bananas;
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon;
- a tablespoon of brown sugar;
- 5 yolks;
- 1 whole egg;
- 100g of sugar + 50g for caramel.
Bring the cream to a boil and cool for 10 minutes. Beat up sugar, egg and yolks until white. Sugar should dissolve completely. Mix the egg mass with cream.
In a separate container, cut the bananas, add brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix gently. Ribs of bananas carefully put on the bottoms of each of the molds, then top up with egg-cream cream.
In a oven heated to 150 degrees, place a pan, filled with water for one third. Place molds on it with a future dessert and leave to bake for about 30-40 minutes.
After a full readiness to melt the sugar to brown and pour over the resulting cream-brule.
Serve completely chilled.
This is only a small part of those recipes that exist today. Creme brulee can be prepared with mandarins, yoghurt, peaches, and even liqueur.
Each culinary artist adds to the classic recipe a drop of his imagination, receiving a new version of the so-loved French dessert.
Creme brulee – tips and tips
A few simple but useful tricks that will help make this delicacy delicacies are even more delicious:
1. It is preferable to use cream-brulee in small molds. This will allow the dessert to be evenly baked, and also significantly reduce the waiting time. In addition, this method allows you to initially divide the dish into equal portions – this is especially true if the family has several children or guests are invited. Look the same shape with dessert beautifully and neatly.
2.Jelts with sugar and cream are rubbed not to a steep foam, but to white color. Some landladies and do advise not to work as a whisk or a mixer, but as a spoon to prevent foaming in time.
3. “Creme-Brulee” is literally translated from French as “burned cream”. This name was given to the dessert thanks to the top caramel crust, which can be obtained without burning in a dry frying pan. A special culinary device reminiscent of a small blowtorch will be produced. If the house has such a device, then to create a corporate golden layer, you just sprinkle the finished cream with sugar and melt it with a cooking lamp to caramelize. If there is no such device, then after the cream-brulee is ready, you can put it for a couple of minutes in the oven on the upper heating, previously sprinkled with sugar.
Ready cream-brulee served on the table completely cooled. Therefore, cooks prefer to cook this sweet treat about the day before serving.
If desired, the dessert can be decorated with fresh berries, grated chocolate, coconut shavings, nuts or mint leaves.