Cake turtle – a delicious dessert, which is simple and easy to prepare.
Even novice confectioners will cope with it, let alone talking about experienced housewives.
Cream for a turtle can be taken either: custard, condensed milk, butter, cream, but especially sour cream. It quickly permeates cakes, fills with taste, the cake turns out very gentle and just melting in the mouth.
- 1 Cake tortie with sour cream – general principles of cooking
- 2 Recipe 1: Vanilla tortoise cake with sour cream
- 3 Recipe 2: Chocolate tortoise cake with sour cream in glaze
- 4 Recipe 3: Turtle Cake with sour cream and kiwi
- 5 Recipe 4: Turtle Cake with sour cream and bananas
- 6 Recipe 5: tortoise cake with sour cream
- 7 Recipe 6: Turtle cake with sour cream rolls
- 8 Recipe 7: Turtle Cake with sour cream, nuts and prunes
- 9 Cake tortoise with sour cream – useful tips and tricks
Cake tortie with sour cream – general principles of cooking
A classic tortoise cake is made from biscuit test. It forms small cakes that are baked in the oven. Since the planting of the dumplings on the baking sheet takes time, to insure in the dough added ripper. You can take a special baking powder or simply put out baking soda. You can prepare lazy turtle varieties from cookies or rolls. Recipes can be found below.
The cream is made from sour cream. It is desirable to use a thick product with good fat content. But you can take a less-calorie sour cream and add a special thickener. It is sold in the department for baking. Sugar in the cream is not very much, usually not more than a third of the total mass. For flavor, various fillers are placed.
With what you can prepare a turtle:
• with vanillin;
• with cocoa or chocolate;
• fruit and berries;
But the special place is occupied with registration. The cake is laid out in the form of a turtle. You can make a head, paws, tail, or just lay out just the shell. From above dessert is covered with cream, glaze, sprinkled with nuts, shavings, decorated with fruits. It is very important to give the cake at least a few hours. It will be impregnated, it will be better to keep the shape when cutting.
Recipe 1: Vanilla tortoise cake with sour cream
The basic version of tortoise cake with sour cream. Dessert is not cloying, the cream is sweet, but with a pleasant sourness. From this amount of ingredients, a rather large turtle of 10-12 servings is obtained.
• 6 eggs;
• 600 grams of sour cream;
• 1 packet of vanillin;
• 270 grams of flour;
• 450 grams of sugar;
• a little oil;
• 80 grams of chocolate;
• 1 bag of baking powder.
1. Eggs should be broken into a bowl, add 250 grams of sugar and beat in a lush foam. The mass will increase in size at least 2 times. Take a large cup immediately.
2. We sift the flour and combine it with a baking powder. You can sow at once together.
3. We combine the flour with the egg mixture, gently stir. It is better to do this with a spoon, not a mixer.
4. Put the parchment on the baking tray, lubricate or use silicone mats. Spread a little spoon with a spoon. You can put the dough in a bag and squeeze out of it. Between the resulting “fritters” should be free space, as they will increase in size when baking.
5. We send the blanks to the oven, bake for 5-7 minutes at 180 degrees. Cool it down.
6. For cream, beat the sour cream with vanillin and sugar.
7. We dip the billets into the cream and lay them on a flat dish in the form of a turtle, without forgetting to make the legs, head, cut the tail.
8. Sprinkle the finished cake with grated chocolate, leave 2 small pieces for eyes. But you can stick and raisins.
Recipe 2: Chocolate tortoise cake with sour cream in glaze
And the cream, and the cakes for the chocolate tortoise cake with sour cream are prepared on the basis of cocoa. The glaze is made from chocolate. The recipe uses cocoa powder without sugar.
• 6 eggs;
• 1 glass of sugar;
• 1 tsp. baking powder;
• 1.5 cups of flour;
• 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
• 700 grams of sour cream;
• 200 grams of sugar;
• 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
• 50 grams of oil;
• 100 grams of chocolate.
1. We combine sugar with eggs, whisk. Add the flour mixed with cocoa and ripper. Stirring.
2. We lay out the lozenges on the glazed baking sheet and bake immediately until ready.
3. Mix sour cream with sugar, add cocoa, mix and remove the cream in the refrigerator. Do not worry if the sugar does not dissolve all, melt in the cake.
4. Cooled billet for the cake dip into a chocolate cream, put in the form of a tortoise shell. Do not forget to put the paws and the head under the first layer. We remove the collected cake in the refrigerator for 2 hours, so that it will cool down well.
5. Slice chocolate pieces, combine with a piece of butter, melt in a hot water bath.
6. Lubricate the turtle with chocolate and send it to the refrigerator for impregnation.
Recipe 3: Turtle Cake with sour cream and kiwi
Another name for this stunningly beautiful cake is the “Emerald Turtle”. And all thanks to the bright design of the dessert pieces of kiwi.
• 400 grams of condensed milk;
• 1 egg;
• 450 grams of flour;
• 1/3 of a spoonful of soda.
• 700 grams of sour cream;
• 1.5 cups of powder;
To decorate an emerald tortoise, you will need 300 grams of kiwi.
1. Open a jar of condensed milk and beat with egg. Add the sifted flour and soda, which must be extinguished with lemon juice or vinegar. Knead the dough. It will turn out steep, under rolling.
2. We make from the dough sausage and divide into 8 parts. Each should be slightly less than the previous one. Roll out cakes, also differ in diameter by 1-2 cm from the previous cake. Alternately bake in the oven until golden brown.
3. Prepare a regular cream of sour cream and powder, for flavor add vanilla. If there is a fruit flavor, then you can add it.
4. Lubricate the cakes with cream, forming a sloping hill.
5. Clear kiwi, cut into circles. We leave one fruit for the head. From the second we cut out the legs and the tail.
6. Lay out the shell of the kiwi circles, attach to it the head and legs. We send the cake to soak for 8 hours in a cold place.
Recipe 4: Turtle Cake with sour cream and bananas
Bananas are the best fruit that can be added to cakes. Pieces will not let the juice in, and the tortoise shape with sour cream will not suffer.
• 5 eggs;
• 1 glass of sugar;
• 1.3 cups of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. ripper;
• 550 grams of sour cream;
• 1 glass of powder;
• 4 bananas.
• 6 spoonfuls of milk;
• 70 grams of oil;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 5 spoons of cocoa.
1. Whisk the eggs with sugar until lush foam, pour the flour with the added ripper.
2. We set the tortillas on a baking sheet from a pastry bag or just a spoon. Bake, cool.
3. While the biscuits are cooling down, make a cream of sour cream with powder, you can add a little vanilla or cinnamon.
4. We clear bananas from skins, cut them into circles.
5. Gather the cake. To do this, lay out the first layer of biscuit cakes, dipping each thing into the cream. They are bananas. Again cakes, bananas and so on, do not forget to build a shell.
6. Lubricate the top of the cake with cream and put the dessert on the cold so it stiffens a little.
7. Mix cocoa with sugar, add milk and put butter. Put the icing on a water bath and cook until the sugar and oil dissolve. Then remove, cool to a slightly warm state and lubricate the tortoise shell.
Recipe 5: tortoise cake with sour cream
Quick recipe for tortoise cake with sour cream, for which you do not even need to turn on the oven. Cookies can be used any: shortbread, biscuit, white or chocolate. But it’s better if it’s small.
• 500 grams of cookies;
• 700-800 grams of sour cream;
• 250 grams of powder;
• Vanillin or cocoa.
For registration you can use fruits, chocolate icing, coconut shavings.
1. Whisk the sour cream with powder and vanilla. If you cook chocolate cream, then cocoa should be mixed with sugar powder and then added to sour cream. So we avoid the appearance of lumps.
2. Take a bowl, preferably rounded and cover the bottom with food film.
3. Dip the cookies in the cream and put them into a bowl. Make layers from all the biscuits and cream.
4. Cover the bowl with another piece of film and remove the cake in the cold, let it soak for 3-4 hours. Better hold it all night.
5. Remove the top film, cover the bowl with a plate and turn the cake. Remove the film and decorate the dessert to your taste.
Recipe 6: Turtle cake with sour cream rolls
In addition to cookies, the cake can be collected from the finished rolls of small diameter. Since they are already soaked with cream, sour cream will go very little. If the rolls are sugary, then you can put even less sugar powder.
• 1 kg of rolls;
• 300 grams of sour cream;
• 120 grams of powder.
1. Cut the rolls with 1 cm pieces.
2. Sour cream with whipped powder, add vanilla or any other flavor.
3. We collect the cake. Spread pieces of roulette on the bottom of the plate. Lubricate the prepared cream, fill the voids.
4. We put the second layer of rolls, also we grease and collect the whole shell of the turtle.
5. Cut out the head from a piece, make the legs, smeared with cream. Eyes are made from dried fruits or chocolate. We decorate the shell for your taste.
Recipe 7: Turtle Cake with sour cream, nuts and prunes
A cake with divine taste and indescribable tenderness. It is prepared on the basis of sponge cakes.
• 5 eggs;
• 180 grams of sugar;
• 180 grams of flour;
• 1 tsp. soda.
In the cream:
• 800 grams of sour cream;
• a spoon of cognac;
• 200 grams of powder.
It will also require 150 grams of nuts and the same amount of prunes.
1. In the foam, beat the eggs with sugar, add flour and slaked soda. We knead the dough and lay on the baking tray small pyshki, about 5 cm in diameter. We bake.
2. Mix with sour cream, add cognac and remove the cream in the refrigerator.
3. Soak the prunes with warm water for 15 minutes. Then squeeze and cut into strips.
4. Cut the nuts into small pieces, fry in a pan. Divide into 2 parts, half leave to sprinkle the finished cake.
5. We collect the cake according to the classical scheme. That is, we dip cakes into sour cream and put them on a dish. Each layer is sprinkled with nuts and straws of prunes.
6. We grease the tortoise shell well on all sides and sprinkle with fried nuts. You can lay out the patterns from the chopped prunes.
Cake tortoise with sour cream – useful tips and tricks
• The turtle biscuit batter is not stored. It needs to be molded right after cooking. Otherwise, the tortillas will be dense, rigid, with a weak porosity. If suddenly there is a dough or there is no time to bake the pyshki, just pour it into a mold and bake one biscuit cake. And it’s even easier to use a multivariate and go about your business.
• Do you want the cake to play with funny colors? Cover the tortoise shell with sugar mastic, painted in different colors. And you can just add food colors just to the cream, designed for finishing. Or paint the veins of the shell with melted chocolate, lay out the patterns of sliced fruit, nuts.
• To make the glaze fade faster and not melted cream, the cake should be well cooled. Never cover a freshly prepared dessert. Glazing after melting can also be cooled, but not to allow hardening. The mass must be flowing.