Forest strawberry is a fragrant and incredibly sweet berry, the taste of which has been familiar to many since childhood.
Some confuse it with strawberries, but these are completely different things. Where is the forest strawberry used?
Useful properties of berries favorably affect the human body as a whole, but knowing a few interesting recipes, the scope of application is expanding. Forest strawberries are in demand in cosmetology – significantly improves the condition of the skin, hair and nails.
- 1 Vitaminized composition and useful properties
- 2 Forest strawberry: useful properties of the fetus for medicinal purposes
- 3 Application of forest strawberry berries for cosmetic purposes
- 4 Forest strawberry: beneficial properties of berries leaves
- 5 The most delicious recipes with forest strawberries: “sweet” joy for every member of the family
- 6 Recipe №2: sweet jam from the forest strawberry
- 7 Forest Strawberry: Contraindications
Vitaminized composition and useful properties
Composition of berries
1. Pectin, sugar, tannins.
2. Vitamin C is found in large quantities in berries and in leaves.
3. Apple and citric acid.
5. Calcium, iron – a necessary building material for the body.
Forest strawberry: useful properties of the fetus for medicinal purposes
1. For the cardiovascular system. The use of berries improves the work of the heart. Also, fresh fruits allow you to remove excess cholesterol from the blood.
2. For the digestive tract. Regular consumption of berries normalizes intestinal peristalsis. In addition, the fiber, which is contained in the composition, displays cholesterol and gives the body a feeling of saturation. The fruits of forest strawberries are prescribed for stomach ulcers, gastritis and even with constipation.
3. Forest strawberries are very useful to eat raw, both adults and children. A rich vitaminized composition will strengthen immunity and improve the body’s resistance to infectious and bacterial lesions.
Application of forest strawberry berries for cosmetic purposes
Forest strawberries are useful not only from the inside, but also from the outside. It is not for nothing that its extracts can be seen in the composition of many cosmetic pharmacy products. For those who prefer natural masks, there are several recipes from the forest strawberry, which you can easily try at home.
Recipe # 1
1. Fresh fruits turn into mashed potatoes.
2. 1 tablespoon of dry peppermint is added to the same container.
3. Mix the mixture until it forms a homogeneous mass and apply a thin layer on the face for 20-30 minutes (until completely dry).
While the mask is on the skin, it is not recommended to do any mimic movements. The procedure is very useful for the face. If you spend it 2 times a week, the epidermis will tighten, unwanted wrinkles will disappear. Forest strawberry in combination with mint nourishes and moisturizes every cell of the skin, so that the problem with acne disappears.
Recipe # 2
1. Leaves and fruits of forest strawberries are dried in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
2. All is ground into flour using a coffee grinder.
3. The resulting mixture is steamed with boiling water and cooked in a water bath for 20 minutes.
Decoction can be wiped every morning face, and he will be an excellent hair conditioner (strengthen hair follicle, soak and moisturize).
Forest strawberry: beneficial properties of berries leaves
The leaves of forest strawberries, like berries, are characterized by high medicinal value. In addition to vitamins and trace elements, they also contain essential oils. Fresh leaves with the time of great-grandmothers were applied to fresh cuts, abrasions and wounds, also from them it is possible to prepare medicinal broth or tasty, useful tea.
Forest strawberry: useful properties of leaves in the preparation of decoction
1. Has a general tonic and firming effect.
2. Calms the nervous system.
3. Normalizes the work of the heart muscle.
4. Reduces blood pressure.
5. Normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to cook an infusion: step-by-step recipe
1. 50 grams of crushed leaves poured 150 ml of steep boiling water in a glass jar.
2. Bank is removed to a dark place for 4 hours, after which the mixture is filtered.
3. Prepared drink is recommended to drink 3 times a day for 1/3 part 30 minutes before meals.
The most delicious recipes with forest strawberries: “sweet” joy for every member of the family
How else can I use forest strawberries? Useful properties of berries will not be lost if you make jam, jam, tasty tea from it or simply rub the fruits with the addition of sugar. Such a preparation will be indispensable in the winter period when the body lacks vitamins.
Recipe # 1: mashed strawberries with sugar
The easiest way to prepare berries, even the recipient will cope with the one who did not previously cook jam and not bake pies.
1. Berries of forest strawberries are carefully moved, it is necessary to clean them from the smallest leaves.
2. Fruits are laid out on the table until completely dry, then with a blender are processed in puree.
3. The cooked puree is peppered with sugar (to taste) and is still grinded with a blender.
4. The resulting mixture is taken to the refrigerator for the night, at least 12 hours later it is transferred over small jars.
Recipe №2: sweet jam from the forest strawberry
1. Berries are washed and transferred to the pelvis, while they need to be sprinkled with sugar.
2. The pelvis is left for 8 hours, so that the fruit has time to start the juice.
3. Next, the container is placed on the fire, the berries are cooked until ready.
4. In the prepared jam, you need to add a little citric acid, so it does not become sugar-coated, the contents of the pelvis should be remembered to stir.
5. When the jam from the forest strawberries cools, it is shifted over the cans and curled.
To make it easier to navigate, about 1 kg of fruit is added about 2 g of citric acid and 1.3 kg of sugar. Less sugar can not be placed, because the cooked jam can very quickly deteriorate (become moldy).
Recipe # 3: fragrant tea from leaves of forest strawberries (fermented)
Forest strawberries, whose useful properties are no longer in doubt, can be used to make delicious therapeutic tea. Make it at home is not difficult.
1. First you need to prepare the leaves. They are scattered on a dry table with a maximum layer of 5 cm in a dark place. About a day later they will become a bit sluggish
2. It is necessary alternately to take the leaves in hands and twist them between the palms until the juice begins to perform.
3. Now the leaves are transferred to the pan and covered with a damp cloth – this is the process of fermentation. The baking tray should be kept at a temperature of 26 degrees for 6 hours.
4. After the fermentation process has come to an end, the leaves are dried in the oven at a temperature of 100 degrees.
5. The leaves of the forest strawberry for the preparation of aromatic and healthy tea are ready. Long boil them is not recommended, so as not to evaporate essential oils.
Forest Strawberry: Contraindications
Contraindication to the use of forest strawberries is only one thing – an individual intolerance to berries. Fruits are useful for children and adults. Careful to be with them pregnant women and during breastfeeding. It is important to remember that even the most useful fruit can adversely affect the overall condition if you eat it more than the prescribed rate.
Tasty and aromatic forest strawberry, useful properties of which are known since antiquity, strengthens immunity and increases the body’s resistance to infection with infections of various origins. The main thing is to know the measure in everything, whether it’s tea, fresh fruit or jam.