Cystitis – Inflammatory disease of the bladder. It is observed in different age categories, but is more common in elderly women.
This is due to the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the female body. The disease can be chronic. In the treatment of cystitis, along with specific drugs, a special role is given to dietary nutrition.
General principles of dietary nutrition in cystitis
The main task of the diet for cystitis is to alleviate the symptoms of the disease and accelerate the process of recovery. To solve this task will help the basic principles of nutrition in this disease:
• Correct distribution of foods in the diet. For breakfast and lunch, you can choose high-calorie foods. The caloric content of the dinner should be small. This principle has a scientific justification. The bladder and kidneys are anatomically and physiologically closely related. Their functions are activated in the morning and afternoon. Therefore, do not overload them in the evening, and even more so at night, when these organs are in the phase of relaxation;
• The correct drinking regime. The amount of liquid drunk per day should be quite large. And, it can be not only pure drinking water, but also juices, fruit drinks, compotes, herbal teas. The use of a large amount of liquid helps wash out the infection from the walls of the bladder and promotes faster recovery;
• Selection of products that do not irritate the walls of the bladder. Certain foods can cause cystitis exacerbation. Therefore, it is important to know what foods can be used in the diet, and which ones should be abstained;
• Regular emptying of the intestine. In some cases, constipation can cause bladder intoxication and the occurrence of cystitis. To avoid constipation in the diet, you must include foods with a high fiber content: cabbage, carrots, dried fruits, dishes made from cereals. When prone to constipation, you must take an infusion of prunes for the night;
• Transition to low-salt and salt-free food;
• Selection of products with a low content of proteins, fats and sugar;
• Selection of methods for processing products that exclude frying, salting, canning.
What to include, and what to exclude from the diet with cystitis?
Since one of the main tasks of the diet for cystitis is to prevent irritation of the inflamed mucosa of the bladder, then it is necessary to exclude from the diet:
• Smoked meat, pickles, spicy food, products that have been processed by roasting, canning, marinating;
• Black tea, instant coffee and cereals, carbonated drinks;
• Sugar, saccharin and products containing them;
• Spicy vegetables (Bulgarian pepper and chili, radish and radish), green (sorrel, parsley), and spices (black pepper, bay leaf, coriander), etc .;
• Baked pastry, pasta, confectionery, with a high content of fats, sugar and preservatives;
• Alcohol and beer;
• Cocoa and chocolate;
• Dairy products, high in fat, cheeses, yoghurts;
• Citrus fruits, and their juices;
• Tomatoes and products based on them;
• Vinegar-based dressings, mayonnaise;
• All kinds of nuts, bananas, apples of sour varieties, plum, cherry, peaches, avocado;
• Fatty meat, fish, animal and vegetable fats;
• All products that contain GMOs.
What is resolved in dietary nutrition in cystitis?
When choosing products, the patient should be guided by the recommendations of nutritionists.
Here is just a small list of products that they advised to include in a diet with cystitis:
• Vegetables, with diuretic properties. For example, pumpkin, cucumber, zucchini, celery;
• Sweet fruit varieties – apples, grapes, pears.
• Pomegranate fruit is also recommended for patients with cystitis, since they have an antimicrobial effect, which is very useful in this disease;
• Watermelon, which has a strong diuretic effect;
• Forest gifts – berries of cranberries, cranberries, cloudberries, blueberries, which have diuretic and antimicrobial properties;
• Bread of coarse grind, bran, cereals from whole grains;
• Ryazhenka, yogurt and yogurt with a low percentage of fat content;
• Unsalted varieties of hard and soft cheeses;
• Meat and fish fillet of low-fat varieties;
• Vegetable broths and soups;
• Olive oil (1 tablespoon per day
• Cedar seeds – 25 g per day;
• 1-2 eggs in a few days;
• Sometimes you can use honey, not more than 1 teaspoon per day;
In drinking there should be no restrictions. You can drink berry juice without adding sugar, fruit compotes, herbal infusions and teas, infusions from the kidneys, freshly squeezed juices, still mineral water (chloride-calcium).
A separate place in the diet for cystitis is vitamins. Get vitamins from fresh leaves, berries and fruits can be at home. Fine vitamin tea is obtained from hips of wild rose, mountain ash, black currant, sea buckthorn, taken in equal parts. To them are added strawberry leaves, and all the ingredients are brewed in a thermos. This tea should be infused for 2-3 hours. Take infusion of half a cup of 30 minutes before eating. Course – 1-2 months.
Given the recommendations of nutritionists, you can make an approximate menu for each day. Contrary to the generally accepted opinion that a diet with cystitis is monotonous, it can be expanded by ways of preparing and combining products.
• Breakfast for many it is associated with porridges. In addition to cereals, prepared from whole-grain cereals, you can cook vegetables for steaming, vegetable purees. Once a week you can make an omelet. It is also not bad for breakfast to take lean cottage cheese with yogurt and fresh fruits and berries. For a sandwich, unsalted cheeses are good. From drinking you can use green or herbal tea, freshly prepared juices from vegetables or fruits, fruit drinks;
• Dinner consists of three dishes. At first, vegetable soups and borsch, beetroot soup, and cereal soup will be suitable. The second dishes – cutlets and meatballs from lean meat for a couple, boiled poultry or veal, boiled lean fish. As a side dish, stewed vegetables, mashed potatoes, porridges are perfect. In addition to fresh fruits and berries for dessert, you can prepare many delicious, and different in composition dishes: berry jelly, baked apples and pears, smoothies from berries, fruit and berry cocktails, curd soufflé with berries and fruits, mousses, kissels, juices, berry and herbal teas; Afternoon snack – kefir, fermented baked with bread;
• Dinner – curd or rice casseroles, pancakes made of buckwheat or rye flour, vinaigrette, fresh cucumber salads, freshly squeezed juices, herbal tea.
• First day.
Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese with slices of plum or apple, a glass of fresh apple juice.
The second breakfast: a cup of cranberry jelly (it is possible with rye bread).
Lunch: vegetable soup puree, 150 grams of boiled chicken, a glass of wild rose hips.
Afternoon snack: ryazhenka.
Dinner: fruit salad from apple, pear, kiwi, a glass of yogurt.
• Second day.
Breakfast: oatmeal with fresh apple, or cranberry berries, a cup of herbal tea.
Second breakfast: apple juice.
Lunch: okroshka (without fatty meat, sausage, sour cream, vinegar), baked potatoes, a cup of cranberry jelly.
Afternoon snack: kefir or fermented baked milk.
Supper: omelette from one egg with greens, rye bread, carrot juice.
• The third day.
Breakfast: muesli with yogurt, a glass of berry vitamin infusions from thermos.
Second breakfast: pear or apple, a glass of herbal tea.
Lunch: oat soup with croutons, 100 grams of boiled veal, compote of dried fruits.
Snack: a glass of cranberry jelly with bread.
Dinner: baked potatoes, 200 grams of boiled lean fish (cod, sea bass, pollock), a glass of yogurt.
• Fourth day.
Breakfast: berry smoothies and kefir, vitamin tea.
Second breakfast: 150 grams of cottage cheese with berries, or prunes, a glass of Morse.
Lunch: vegetable soup, boiled fish with rice, fruit salad, a glass of apple juice.
Afternoon snack: cucumber salad, baked apple, compote from dried fruits.
Supper: cutlet steamed with stewed vegetables, a glass of yogurt.
• Fifth day.
Breakfast: millet porridge with sunflower oil, a sandwich with unsalted cheese, herbal tea.
The second breakfast: fresh berries with kefir, a glass of broth of a dogrose.
Lunch: oat soup with lean chicken, rice casserole. A glass of cranberry mors.
Snack: apple baked, rye bread, a glass of berry jelly.
Dinner: okroshka on beet broth, diet, steamed steamed and stewed vegetables, a cup of herbal tea.
• Sixth day.
Breakfast: oatmeal porridge with fruit, herbal tea with a teaspoon of honey.
The second breakfast: 150 grams of cottage cheese with pieces of pear, a glass of pomegranate juice.
Lunch: fish soup (with low-fat varieties of fish), bread, or whole wheat bread, rice with stewed vegetables, carrot juice.
Snack: compote of fresh apples.
Supper: rice milk soup, a glass of yogurt.
• Seventh day.
Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole with prunes, a glass of green tea.
The second breakfast: apple-carrot salad, cranberry jelly.
Lunch: vegetable soup, pumpkin stew, rye bread, glass of vitamin tea.
Afternoon snack: kiwi, a glass of berry juice.
Supper: boiled fish with rice, bread, ryazhenka.
In the sample menu, you can replace one or another dish, trying to ensure that the weekly distribution of products is varied. Using a diet for cystitis, it is worth following the reaction of your body. If improvement is felt, then the menu can be expanded by introducing other products into it.
Separate recipes for dietary nutrition in cystitis
Learn how to prepare a dietary meal is quite simple. The more difficult task is to go on a diet for cystitis. Therefore, it is so important to cook not only a tasty, but also an externally attractive dish. Here are a few simple recipes from foods allowed in dietary nutrition in cystitis:
• Steam cutlets from zucchini.
Products: one small zucchini, a squirrel of one chicken egg, 2 tablespoons of rye flour, a little salt.
Technology of preparation:
Peeled squash, grate on a large grater. In the resulting mass, add egg white and salt, and mix thoroughly. The bottom of the steamer is greased with vegetable oil and put on it patties, pre-wrapped in flour. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with a small amount of sour cream.
• Chicken steamed chops.
Products: 500 grams of chicken fillet, rye bread rusks, ½ cup of water, salt on the tip of the knife, breading flour, egg whites.
Technology of preparation:
Dry the driers in the water. Chicken fillets are washed, cut into pieces and scrolled in a meat grinder. In the mince add the soaked biscuits, salt and protein. The resulting mass thoroughly mix and shape the cutlets, panning them in flour. Put the cutlets in the steamer’s form and cook them for 40 minutes.
• Pumpkin porridge.
Products: pumpkin, yellow, or orange color, honey, butter (1 tablespoon).
Technology of preparation:
Wash the pumpkin and clean it. Cut the flesh into cubes, put them in a saucepan and add a little water and cook over low heat until cooked. Then, squash the pumpkin in a saucepan in a puree-like mass, whisk, adding a little butter and honey.
Soup of buckwheat and vegetables.
Products: potatoes (2 pcs.), Carrots (1 pc.), 1/2 cup of buckwheat, vegetable oil (1 tbsp), salt on the tip of the knife.
Technology of preparation:
I rinse the buckwheat, rinse it and pour it with water. Washed and peeled carrots, grate on a large grater. Potatoes, rinse, peel and cut into small cubes. Vegetables add to the buckwheat and cook until ready on low heat. At the end, add salt and sunflower or olive oil.
Diet for cystitis is a forced measure that is necessary for complete recovery.
To do this, you have to make serious restrictions in the diet. But, gradually, such restrictions bring a positive result, and in the end – a full recovery.