Red spots under the armpits that occur in a person always cause discomfort, especially if they itch.
This is not only unpleasant sensations, but also incomprehensible at first sight the reason.
The skin always talks about the state of our body, so even minor inflammations make us think about something that is not right.
Itches under the arms: causes
Red spots appearing under the arms, always say that the work of some internal organ is broken. Influence on such skin rashes can and already existing diseases. After you notice that you have spots under your armpits, you need to visit a dermatologist as soon as possible, which will examine you and reveal the exact cause of the condition that has arisen.
Spots in the armpits can indicate the presence of a serious disease, which means that the treatment should be started as soon as possible. But even if the spots under the armpits are not a consequence of the complication, they still need to be disposed of, in order to avoid negative consequences.
Our armpits are a vulnerable place on the whole body, on which sensitive skin, any irritation can cause skin rashes. The main reasons for the appearance of spots under the armpits are the following:
1. Allergic reaction of the body. There may be an allergy due to eating certain foods. Most often they include spicy dishes, sweet or citrus. The body is oversaturated with certain components, and the skin in a sensitive place reacts with the appearance of red spots.
2. Cosmetic products used for body care, substandard. Before using lotion or deodorant, pay attention to its expiration date, and also conduct a sensitivity test. If you ignore this rule, you may get red spots that will be strong and constantly itch, thereby giving you discomfort.
3. Sweating profuse. Sweat is an ideal environment in which harmful microorganisms and bacteria can multiply. That is why in the armpit so often there are red spots, purulent formations or ordinary pimples.
4. Hydradenite. This is a skin disease in which inflammation of the sweat glands occurs. It may occur for various reasons, for example, due to the virus of staphylococcus aureus. Another reason for the disease is lack of hygiene.
5. Depilation. Many modern women and men get rid of hair under their arms. But if the procedure is not performed correctly, spots may form and an itch will appear. After you make depilation, be sure to use a cream. Do depilation on time, as the hair grows quickly enough.
6. Fungus. After the onset of the disease, the itch and rash appear under the armpits. The fungus can develop with the wrong hygiene. In addition, the fungus can be “picked up” by visiting public baths or saunas. If you do not engage in timely treatment, then he can move to other organs.
If you have red spots and they itch under your armpits, be sure to visit a dermatologist, in order for him to conduct an examination and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Red spots are itchy under the armpits: how to get rid of them
Red spots are itchy under the armpits, how to cure irritation and relieve itching? The question excites many, but, unfortunately, not everyone knows the answer to it. In order to get rid of red spots and remove the itch, you first need to identify the exact cause of this condition. If the appearance of red spots is associated with the use of low-quality cosmetics, you need to exclude them, or give preference to other agents that affect the skin in a gentle manner.
The first step on the road to recovery is daily hygiene procedures. Wash the underarm area with products that are suitable for your skin type. When excessive sweating in the summer, it is recommended to use a saline solution (for one liter of water, take two tablespoons of salt).
In order to cure a strong irritation, in which the red spots are large, and the itching is difficult to tolerate, you can use the following tools:
2. Ointment, which includes cortisone, for example, Fluvet, Dermatop.
3. Preparations with zinc oxide (Tsindol, Diaderm).
As a result of using too fatty remedies in an area where a strong scalp can block the follicles, this will further affect the already unpleasant situation.
When fungal infection is enough to use the usual local means:
1. The Lamicon.
If the form of fungal damage is more severe, then you can not do without taking antibiotics:
With a complex form of dermatitis, hormonal ointments should be used:
Pimo corticosteroids in the composition may include antibacterial or antifungal drugs. If the red spots are due to irritation, which has arisen because of fungi and bacteria, then the treatment should be done under the strict supervision of a doctor.
In order to get rid of profuse sweating, you need to use Botox injections, as well as laser lipoxation.
There can be irritation even because of the increased sugar in the blood. That is why local funds do not always bring the desired effect. After the appearance of red spots under the armpits, you need to follow a certain diet, take vitamins and observe the right way of life.
Therapy for allergies
In order to get rid of red spots that are caused by an allergic reaction, you need to take antihistamines. After this, you need to identify the cause, to which the organism gave such a reaction. Some of them are covered in the use of hygiene products, and some suffer from poor quality foods.
To get rid of the problem, you can use folk remedies. In this case, various lotions from birch broth are good. As a result, you can remove redness, get rid of severe itching. But the main advantage in this method is accessibility. You can buy a herb collection from any pharmacy.
Many doctors recommend rubbing the underarm area with lemon juice, but beforehand it needs to be diluted with water. Exactly the same effect has a solution of soda.
In order to avoid clogging the pores in the future, you need to use the deodorants correctly:
1. Spray personal care products at a distance of at least 5 cm.
2. Before going to bed, take a shower, in order to wash off all the sweat.
3. Antiperspirant is allowed to use no more than once a day.
It is scratched under the arms: folk remedies
If the red spots formed under the armpits arose due to excessive sweating, you can try to get rid of them with a tincture of chamomile. Take one spoonful of herbs and fill it with a glass of boiling water. Leave to stand for 20 minutes, then strain. In the product obtained, add two spoons of apple cider vinegar and wipe the affected area several times a day.
When irritated by substandard deodorants, effectively use tincture from St. John’s Wort. To prepare the product you will need two spoons of the plant. Fill them with hot water, wait 20 minutes until all is done, and then wipe the area of the armpits three times a day.
In the hot season it is useful to wipe the armpits with a decoction of oak bark. Under the influence of the drug, the sweat glands will begin to work as before.
All folk remedies have a gentle effect on the armpits, you can use them even without the permission of the doctor. But to visit a medical institution is still worth it, since it is necessary to know the cause of the spots.
Red spots are itching under the arms: prevention
In order not to face such a problem as red spots under the armpits, it is necessary to carry out preventive measures in a timely manner, as well as to observe the basic rules:
• Try to wear only loose clothing that will not fit the skin. If excessive sweating, get things only from quality materials, for example, silk or linen;
• sweat is a good breeding ground for bacteria. That’s why the area of the armpits needs to be well processed. To neglect hygienic procedures is by no means impossible;
• Before depilation, be sure to moisturize the skin, as it may cause severe irritation;
• After the hair under the armpits are shaved, be sure to moisten the skin with a special softening cream, if suddenly the skin is damaged – carefully treat everything with alcohol or any other antiseptic;
• Do not use antiperspirants immediately after depilation has been performed;
• To reduce the risk of damage to a minimum, use chemical depilation (but only if you do not have allergies to it).
Red spots under the armpits can form for different reasons. In most cases, the problem is easily eliminated by conventional folk remedies, which every patient can use at home. But of course it’s only possible to do this if the cause of this condition is known. In more serious cases, of course, it is necessary to undergo a more thorough medical examination.
Important! Self-medication is allowed only after consultation with a dermatologist. If the funds for treatment are picked up incorrectly, and the course of treatment has not been passed to the end, then drugs can develop resistance, and therefore side effects.
You need to take care of your body carefully so that unpleasant diseases do not arise.