If the husband does not want children, this is a psychological problem. And if he can not?
Male infertility Is a disease in which the fertilization of a female egg is impossible.
Statistics show that:
– In 30% of healthy married couples, pregnancy occurs during the first three months of life together;
– 60% – over the next 7 months;
– at 10% – in 11 – 12 months of a regular sexual life.
Therefore, if during the year the pregnancy does not occur, you can raise the issue of infertility and begin the examination and treatment.
About male infertility it is in cases when a woman is healthy, and a man is determined by the low fertilizing capacity of sperm.
More than 90% of infertility in men is curable, it is only necessary to turn to a specialist in time.
Infertility in men – causes
Infertility in men, whose causes are diverse, occurs in 40%, respectively, in women – in 60%.
The most common causes of infertility in men are:
– inflammatory and infectious diseases of the urogenital sphere;
– varicocele – varicose veins of the spermatic cord;
– ejaculation disorders
– congenital anomalies of development
– the consequences of surgical interventions (hernia on the bladder, inguinal hernia);
– chronic diseases (cirrhosis of the liver, infectious parotitis, tuberculosis, etc.);
– chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, tranquilizers, narcotic drugs, hypotensive drugs;
– chromosomal pathology.
A separate item can be put endocrine forms of infertility.
In addition to the main ones listed above, there are the following common high risk factors:
– alcohol and smoking abuse;
– scrotal injury;
– overheating, associated with any factors: fever in infectious diseases, work in high temperature;
– food factor.
In more detail – the most common causes of male infertility
1. The first places among the causes of infertility, are venereal and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system. Some pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases themselves can cause changes in spermatozoa, constantly being in the human body. For example, chlamydia, which function directly in the mucous membranes, impairing the quality of sperm, are the cause of infertility. Chlamydia and gonococci after the transferred infections leave a completely blocked vas deferens. Treatment in such cases is a long and complex process.
2. Nonspecific inflammatory processes (urethritis, prostatitis) affect spermatogenesis, reduce the motility of spermatozoa, which reduces the chances of conception.
3. Some infectious diseases (epidparotitis – “mumps”) can cause the development of infertility. Even a severe cold with high fever can suppress sperm production. In this case, however, this is a temporary phenomenon, and everything is restored in two to three months.
4. Stress, although it does not rank first among causes leading to infertility, is an important factor in modern life. This can include both chronic fatigue, and “underdelivery”, and work without rest, which affects the functions of the reproductive system.
5. Often the common risk factor is chemical. Even if a person does not work in harmful production, almost every man breathes in pairs of motor fuel. It is necessary to remember the adverse effects of vapor vapors of gasoline on reproductive function.
6. Another cause of infertility, which is rarely mentioned and sometimes does not take into account – anabolic steroids. Very many take them on their own and are completely uncontrollable with the goal of looking more manly. The expected result soon comes, but eventually they will start to suppress the activity of the testicles: they will stop producing enough sperm, and soon they can completely atrophy.
In connection with such a diverse and long list of causes of infertility in men, treatment is prescribed only after a full survey and clarification of the immediate cause in each case.
Violation of reproductive function in men is diagnosed easier than in women: sometimes it is enough to hold a spermogram. Additionally, ultrasound of genital organs, dopplerography of vessels of the pelvic organs; blood tests for the presence of infections and sex hormones, an analysis of the secretion of the prostate.
Infertility in men – symptoms
As a rule, with infertility in men, there are no symptoms. The man feels perfectly healthy, he can lead a sexual life and does not suspect about the problem. It is found out by chance. Thus, the main symptom of infertility is the absence of pregnancy in a woman, provided a regular sexual life during the year.
In the presence of advanced diseases, the most obvious objective symptoms of infertility in men:
– problems during intercourse;
– delay or lack of orgasm;
– pain in the groin;
– edema of testicles;
– reduction of the hair cover (indicates hormonal disorders, which can also be the cause of infertility).
There are several types of infertility in men:
1. Secretion infertility – the most common form of male infertility. In this case there is insufficient production of sperm with testicles, or they are inactive.
2. Aboutabortive – may be the result of a cyst, scar or tumor, which is an obstacle to sperm excretion.
3. Immunological – is caused by the development of the autoimmune process, the reasons can be any, including trauma.
4. Relative infertility Is the least well-studied form. This diagnosis is made when no abnormalities are detected during the examination, but pregnancy does not occur. It is believed that the most likely cause is stress.
Infertility in men – treatment
When infertility in men, treatment is appointed individually after a thorough examination and ascertaining the causes of infertility.
1. Drugs for the treatment of infertility in men are prescribed if it became clear that the cause was an inflammatory process in the genitourinary system or a venereal disease, as well as with detected hormonal disorders or impaired sperm quality.
With venozabolevanii or other inflammations, antibiotics are individually prescribed.
If hormonal disorders were detected, hormone replacement therapy is used.
In the case, when infertility was the result of a deterioration in the quality of sperm, general restorative therapy is prescribed: multivitamins, immunostimulants, a diet rich in foods high in vitamin D3. Basically, it is sea fish, proven means – fish oil. In the human body is synthesized under the influence of sunlight.
2. In the treatment of obturation infertility, a surgical method is used. As mentioned above, the cause may be a cyst, a tumor, a hernia, varicocele, a scar that can not be cured by a conservative method. Not in all cases it is possible to achieve full result, especially in age patients. The most effective operations with a favorable prognosis are in children and adolescents.
When the problem is not amenable to treatment, assistive technologies for reproduction are used (drug fertilization of an egg of a woman with spermatozoa, which is extracted from the testicles).
Infertility in men – prevention
Prevention of male infertility must begin with childhood. To preventive maintenance it is possible to carry:
– observance of the working and rest regime;
– good sleep in sufficient quantities;
– physical activity;
– a regime of adequate nutrition with sufficient protein food (vegetarians are considered to be at risk due to insufficient protein intake);
– Limit visiting baths and saunas with steam rooms, long hot baths;
– replacement of narrow synthetic linen with a free of natural fabrics;
– regular sex life with a regular partner;
– the traditional and most important preventive measure is the rejection of smoking and alcohol, which are high risk factors.
Timely access to a doctor, timely diagnosis and effective treatment in most cases solves the problem of infertility.